Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Cinnamon rolls

Mom teaches the 14-15 year old kids in her ward. She told me last night that she wanted to make cinnamon rolls to share with her kids and make some extra for company coming and neighbors. I tried to talk her into letting me do them Saturday Night but she wanted them to be fresh and warm (the way SHE would do it if she could). So we got up at 5:40 this morning and made cinnamon rolls for 9am church. She was able to measure the water and offer advise and then needed to lay down. She did as much as she could and it was enough. The cinnamon rolls turned out delicious--the best dough I've even made :) The labor of love in the kitchen was Mom's love to her class and friends as she share with them her bad news. After teaching a "review" of everything she had taught them-she bore her sweet testimony of the peace she has in God's Eternal Plan. What an amazing person Mom is--always thinking of others!

4 comments:

  1. Kathy has my Mom's skills in the kitchen. Thanks for the blog entries, we have shared the address with our family. Love-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me tear up. What a special mom you have and what a special daughter she has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This couldn't be more true - she is always thinking of others and so sweet. Her unselfishness is truly an example that amazes me. We love you, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son Joshua stayed in Kathy's class an extra year because she is such a wonderful teacher. I fell so blessed that he was able to feel of her spirit those two years and learn from her.
    Our prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete