Monday, November 8, 2010


Today we were blessed to start the day off with a wonderful sunrise out on the lanai. Dad cooked blueberry pancakes while Ellie and I(Greg) provided the entertainment on the stand up paddle board.


Ellie was a natural and took off before I could give her "paddle boarding 101"

I heard neither Kari, nor Dan fell in while paddle boarding and made sure I got "paddle boarding 101, 202 and" my dad pushed me off and told me to quit being a baby, no one ever falls in. The nerves almost got the best of me but I made it out dry.

[imagine pics or really cool fish from our hanauma bay trip in the morning. We made it to the the bay with Dad's fun underwater camera but left the battery charging at home]

Joy Monahan and her husband and sister took us surfing today. They were aweseome and spent a lot of time with the adults and kids letting us have all the fun. I wish we could have seen her surf, but she was too busy pushing all of us into waves and giving us coaching lessons. Thank you so much Joy, Drew and Kristin (sorry if I misspelled your names)

By the end Jeff looked like a big wave surfer (minus the big wave)


Sydney made it look like she's been surfing for years


And Thomas and Sam were showing everybody up by going double.
Today was a lot of fun playing with cousins and letting mom have a little break. Scott(the oldest) left for home to take care of his family today and we wish him a safe return. We have truly been blessed by an outpouring of love toward mom and dad and want to thank everyone who is praying, has sent a note, called, dropped by the house and for the many other kind acts which have been done for our family.


-Greg

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I really like the pictures of all those imaginary fish. Did Jeff pull that off? He looks like he's about to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What! I totally pulled that off. It's the perfect form that Joy taught us - when you're surfing Wikiki you have to have "style". That was a ton of fun, Thanks to Joy,Drew, and Kristin for spending their afternoon pushing the kids around - memories for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the posts on the blog. We love to keep up. Enjoy the sun, it is snowing in Utah. The mountains are white and beautiful! Love to all and prayers for Kathy and Warren.--Jane

    ReplyDelete